Inmarsat BGAN offers a range of data connections to suit particular applications. With its Standard IP data service, it provides the user with a data connection speed up to 492 Kbps, suitable for standard office-type applications such as email, internet and intranet access and VPN access to corporate networks.
The portfolio of IP streaming rates allow the user to stream data at kbps rates of 32, 64, 128, 176, 256 and BGAN X-Stream™, as well as supporting ISDN at 64kbps. They are guaranteed and on-demand meaning that you can select a streaming rate anytime, and anywhere for any streaming application ranging from videoconferencing, through to the top end of the scale for live broadcasting via satellite.
BGAN also allows you to make a phone call at the same time as having an open Standard IP session. You can access the voice service via the standard RJ-11 port, or Bluetooth, depending on what BGAN terminal you choose.
- High-speed wireless IP data (up to 492 kbps) and circuit-switched network
- Streaming IP data rates up to 384 kbps on demand, which is a significant benefit if you need guaranteed, uninterrupted throughput, without contended service degradation.
- An extensive range of small, light-weight terminals with convenient accessories
- BGAN Launchpad software provides a standard user interface across all BGAN terminals. The Launch Pad enables you to control your connection type, access utilities and take advantage of unique value-added services.
- Familiar GAN-standard 64 kbps ISDN, Fax and 4.8 kbps voice to fixed, mobile and any other MSS
- Simultaneous data and voice
- Support for supplementary services, e.g., call hold, call waiting and voicemail
- SMS text messages can be sent and received for business and private use
- Worldwide coverage